Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Boyce and his Sister

Emily: Boyce, let's play the quiet game.

Boyce: No, because I don't want to be quiet and that game is stupid.

Emily: You're not the boss!

Boyce: I may not be the boss but I am the king!

_______________________________________________________________________________

Boyce insisted over the holidays that Emily needed a "pretty dress" for Christmas so I took him and let him pick one out for her.  A couple of weeks later...

Boyce: Mom, Emily hasn't worn the pretty dress I got her. So, she hasn't looked pretty at all.

Me: Well, she's probably saving it for a special occasion.

Boyce: It is rude to not wear the things people buy you. That's why I've been bothering her everyday.

________________________________________________________________________________

Me: Boyce, why do you ask so many questions?

Boyce: Because I have only been around a few years. There's still lots I don't know!

Emily: No, it's just because you're annoying.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Heard from coming my living room: "Emily! Come get the duct tape off of your brother!!"

_______________________________________________________________________________

We're at the park and the kids are pretending they are on a pirate ship. The conversation sounds like this:

Emily: Matey, go swab the poop deck!

Boyce: Mom! Sissy said a bad word!

Me: No, a poop deck is really part of a ship.

Boyce: Well, why is there poop on the deck? I've never pooped on the floor in my whole life!

________________________________________________________________________________

Boyce: Mommy, is Sissy helping to watch me again today?

Rebecca: Yes, a little bit.

Boyce: Well, let's see if she survives today.

________________________________________________________________________________

Boyce: I thought we were going to the gym. You're going the wrong way!

Me: No, we're going to the other location. How do you know we're going the wrong way anyway?

Emily: He's a smart kid, even though he doesn't act like it all the time.

Boyce: See? Sissy gets it.

________________________________________________________________________________

Why is Boyce in trouble today? He pants'ed his sister in the front yard.
________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment