Boyce: So, today is your
birthday?
Me: Yep.
Boyce: Wow, I didn't think people could live that long!
Me: Crazy, I know.
________________________________________________________________________________
(In the car)
Boyce: Mom, can you turn down my air? I'm freezing back here! I thought I was going to turn into ice!
Me: Okay, no need to be dramatic.
Boyce: Snakes are fast.
________________________________________________________________________________
Me: Boyce, I like when
you're a nice boy. Can you be nice ALL the time?
Boyce: Hmmmmm.....I'll tryyyy.
Me: Good.
Boyce: That's not a "yes", that's a "we'll see".
Touche, son. Using my own words against me!
________________________________________________________________________________
Boyce stayed home with me
today and I told him I'd get him a small toy if he stayed quiet during my
conference calls. He did, surprisingly! When I was at the store, I got him a
small helicopter toy. He informed me that he was promised a "cool"
toy and this wasn't "cool" so I need to take it back. Next time I
will just lock him in the closet.
________________________________________________________________________________
Boyce: Mom, what happens
if you accidentally eat a black watermelon seed?
Me: Your stomach closes up and you can't poop or pee ever again. Why, did you eat one???
Boyce: (look of horror on his face and tearing up) Nnnnnnoooo.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Boyce: My bear's name is
Grandpa Bear.
Me: Oh, really? What does he say?
Boyce: We talk about a lot. Like, his dad got killed.
Me: How did he get killed?
Boyce: It's a really weird story. I'll tell you in the morning. But, all you need to know is he and Grandma Bear got killed. Grandpa Bear got killed by a deer. Grandma Bear got killed too. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Boyce: Mom, can you call
Drew and Jax and Daniel L.'s moms and make a playdate?
Me: Sure, I can do that. Should we invite Allie, too? Her mom asked to do a playdate with you also.
Boyce: No, she's not on my list.
Me: What list?
Boyce: The list of kids that are allowed to play with me. If they aren't on my list, then you don't need to call their mom.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Me: Boyce, don't touch my
files again! ::swats at his leg::
Boyce: Don't do that! I'm calling the cops on you! ::pretends to hold a phone to his ear::
Hello, cops? Come take Mommy to
jail! And, hurry up please!
_________________________________________________________________________________
No comments:
Post a Comment